Aware of the central role of the mobility sector for responsible growth, we intend to contribute to improving the quality of life and the territories we pass through, developing integrated and efficient transport infrastructures and modes, with particular emphasis on urban contexts. We undertake these commitments in accordance with the principles set forth in this Policy. The Environmental Policy of Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane SpA leads the Company both in activities of direct responsibility and in the direction and coordination activities of the Group Companies. Specifically, Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane SpA, with a view to continuous improvement, undertakes to:
- identify the relevant needs and expectations of stakeholders;
- manage the activities in compliance with the legislation in force and the voluntarily signed standards, pursuing environmental opportunities and at the same time mitigating risks;
- promote the efficient use of energy resources and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, through the implementation of high energy efficiency technologies and the promotion of renewable sources;
- minimise the impact of activities on the environment, promoting the adoption, since the phases of design, a Life Cycle Assessment logic (LCA) in all processes, with particular attention to water consumption, waste and the prevention of soil and air pollution;
- encourage and support suppliers to improve their performance, supporting circular economy and promoting the principles of sustainability in the procurement choices for goods, products and services.
As proof of our commitment, we shall take action at all levels of the organisation:
- fostering the growth of a responsible Group culture, through the promotion of information, training and updating on environmental matters;
- ensuring maximum transparency and attention to stakeholders, also through their periodic consultation;
- promoting the selection of suppliers also through a logic of attention to the environment;
- monitoring and communicating the impacts, both positive and negative, on the environment, also through the publication of the Sustainability Report and the financial information of non-financial information;
- promoting the adoption by the Group Companies of an Environmental Management System, also through the sharing of guidelines and support tools.
The commitments and principles listed above are communicated to the staff, suppliers and interested stakeholders.