Ten spectacular tourist railway lines that take passengers to discover unusual landscapes and villages rich in art and history. "Binari senza tempo" is an FS Foundation project that aims to restore disused lines for tourism. Since 2014, ten disused lines have been reactivated throughout Italy and numerous events have been organised on board historic trains.
The "Binari senza tempo" lines currently in operation are:
- the Ferrovia del Lago in Lombardy, between Palazozlo sull'Oglio and Paratico Sarnico;
- the Ferrovia della Val d’Orcia in Tuscany, between Asciano and Monte Antico;
- the Transiberiana d’Italia, which connects Abruzzo and Molise;
- the Ferrovia dei Templi in Sicily, between Agrigento and Porto Empedocle;
- the Ferrovia della Valsesia, the Ferrovia del Monferrato and the Ferrovia del Tanaro in Piedmont;
- the Ferrovia dell’Iripinia in Campania;
- the Ferrovia del Sannio, between Campania and Molise;
- the Ferrovia Pedemontana in Friuli Venezia Giulia.