Aware of central role of the mobility sector for responsible growth, we intend to contribute to improving the quality of life and the regions we travel through, developing integrated and efficient transport infrastructures and methods, with particular emphasis on urban contexts. We take this responsibility in compliance with the principles set out in this Policy. The Environmental Policy of Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane SpA guides the Company both in activities of direct responsibility and in the activities of direction and coordination of the Group Companies. In particular, Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane SpA, with a view to continuous improvement, undertakes to:
- identify the relevant needs and expectations of stakeholders;
- manage activities in compliance with current legislation and voluntarily signed standards, pursuing environmental opportunities and mitigating risks at the same time;
- promote the efficient use of energy resources and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, through the implementation of energy efficient technologies and the promotion of renewable sources;
- minimize the impact of activities on the environment, favouring the adoption, from the design stages, of a logic Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) in all processes, with particular attention to water consumption, waste and the prevention of pollution of soil and air;
- encourage and support suppliers to improve their performance, supporting the circular economy and promoting the principles of sustainability in the choice of supply of goods, products and services.
To comply with these commitments, Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane SpA acts on all levels of the organization:
- encouraging the growth of a responsible culture of the Group, through the promotion of information, training and updating activities on environmental matters;
- ensuring maximum transparency and attention towards stakeholders, also through their periodic consultation;
- promoting the selection of suppliers also through the logic of attention to the environment;
- monitoring and communicating the positive and negative impacts on the environment, including through the publication of the Sustainability Report and financial reporting of non-financial information;
- promoting the adoption by the Companies of the Group of an Environmental Management System, also through the sharing of guidelines and support tools.ù
The commitments and principles listed above are communicated to the personnel, suppliers and interested stakeholders.