Commitment to people
Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane started its social activities in 2001, by setting up, as part of the parent company, its Social Policy Department. Over the years, the company has initiated many projects in response to the social issues in railway areas, disability and the redevelopment of the territory.
Solidarity has always been a fundamental value for the Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane Group, which is committed to delivering real projects and initiatives to help disadvantaged people.
Working together with local associations and public bodies, the Group has adopted a support and programming policy for social initiatives in railway areas. Starting with stations a new system of collaborative welfare is being created, which is based on circular subsidiarity, which sees three groups involved: public, private and third sector.
As follows our next goals:
- opening of new Help Centers in Viareggio, Pisa, Livorno and Pistoia railway stations;
- feasibility analysis in order to open new Help Centers in Genoa Piazza Principe, Terni, Foligno, Cesena and Rovereto;
- SROI analysis of social activities within Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane Group
- enlargment to new partners (Germany, Greece, Serbia and Croatia) for the European charter for solidarity and a proposal for Switch in Stations European project;
- opening of the multi-purpose centre dedicated to elderly people and young prisoners of Napoli Gianturco.
Grazia Maria Rita Pofi
In charge of Corporate shared value