Not only free WiFi service, but also a specific portal to access services in and around the stations, as well as access to the main applications and sites useful to those on the move
How to access the portal
You can simply register on www.wifistation.it by filling out the registration form and then you will receive a sms/text message with the login credentials to access the portal; or upon your arrival at the train station just search the WiFi "wifistation", connect yourself to the portal and fill out the form.
The authentication credentials are unique to all the train station portals.
It's available at the stations of Roma Termini, Roma Tiburtina, Roma Trastevere, Roma San Pietro, Rome Fiumicino Airport, Milano Centrale, Milano Porta Garibaldi, Torino Porta Susa, Rho Fiera Milano, Brescia e Bergamo.
The available services
- Departures and arrivals: to check out the arrival and departure times of all the trains
- At the station: find your way around inside the train station and quickly identify where the main services are located.
- In the nearby vicinity: to have a look at points of interest outside the station and reach them with ease
- Travel assistant: allows you to access all the services of the local public transport system (Available in Roma Termini, Roma Tiburtina, Roma San Pietro, Rome Fiumicino Airport)
- Services for the passenger: access key applications and useful websites for passengers and then download the information with a simple click
- Shopping: displays the entire gambit of business/retail offers available at the station
- Weather: to check out available weather forecast services
Applications and useful sites
Within the section called "Services for the passenger" you can:
- download the Trenitalia app from Google Play and iTunes which offers you the possibility to organize your trip in a simple manner by consulting the train timetables, buy your ticket, quickly change your reservations, and much more
- download the app for the web radio offered by the Italian FS Group's, FSNews Radio, by Google Play and iTunes so you can follow the recent events and insights regarding the world of the FS and also receive railway news by manually selecting your region or by taking advantage of the geolocation search engine
- see ViaggiaTreno, the website optimized for mobile devices that keeps you informed in real time on the railway traffic situation